Video: Walking Papers – The Whole World’s Watching
Walking Papers have released a lyric video for their track The Whole World’s Watching ahead of their Download set this afternoon. View it below.
The Seattle band features Guns n’Roses and Velvet Revolver man Duff McKagan alongside Screaming Trees and Mad Season’s Barrett Martin, plus Jeff Angell and Benjamin Anderson of the Missionary Position.
The track is taken from their self-titled debut album, released independently last year and due for a a mainstream launch on August 5.
Walking Papers play the Jagermeister Stage at 5.35pm today.
Meanwhile, McKagan has listed his golden rules for surviving live on a tour bus. Among the guidelines listed in his Seattle Weekly blog are:
• Personal hygiene is key. Crap breath or stank butt can lower moral and kill an appetite (a band does need to eat and stinky body odor from an orifice or two can kill ones’ will for nourishment).
• Don’t be serious. You will ganged up on in no time, and the butt of every tour joke. Join in on the fun – be the river flowing down stream, and not the rock trying to hold the river back.
• Don’t get stuck: If you are having a pint or five after the show, it is always a good idea to grab a card from the hotel where you are staying. One doesn’t want to go through the old “I have no idea where I am staying, Mr. Cab Driver” debacle. Could be an expensive cab ride, driving around seeing if things look familiar.
• Remember why you are there: Music is a gift, and one of the greatest human ways to communicate. Go kick some ass.
• If one of you is sleeping, then everything is out of limits. Sleep is so hard to get that he or she must not be disturbed. And if you are that guy that wakes up a sleeper, the rule-of-the-road is that you must get kicked squarely in the nads.