Ten Predictions For 2011
As we get ready to hit 2011, Classic Rock gets out its crystal ball to make a few predictions. Don’t blame us if none of these happen, but here goes:
- Van Halen come over to the UK and play at a major festival.
- Mike Portnoy returns to Dream Theater, although not before they release an album with a different drummer.
- Saint Jude, Virginmarys and Touchstone head a British global rock assault, as we once again lead the world.
- Ritchie Blackmore decides to put Rainbow back on the road, with Joe Lynn Turner as vocalist.
- There’s talk of Slash and Axl settling their differences, but no reunion of the classic Guns N’ Roses line-up
- Sales of rock and metal albums go up, as other genres continue to suffer.
- Slade get back together one last time, and do a farewell show.
- Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield get together for a one-off studio project.
- The Rolling Stones announce their 50th anniversary tour.
- Jimmy Page finally returns to action with a solo album. Or at least thinks about doing one.
Tags: Axl, Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Dream Theater, Gunbs N' Roses, James Hetfield, Jimmy Page, Joe Lynn Turner, Lars Ulrich, Mike Portnoy, Rainbow, Ritchie Blackmore, Rolling Stones, Saint Jude, Slade, Slash, Touchstone, Van Halen, Virginmarys