Saxon unveil album of alternate takes
Saxon have unveiled details of an album containing alternate takes of some of their classic songs.
The 14-track record features orchestral, acoustic and re-recorded versions. It’s entitled Unplugged And Strung Up, and appears in stores on November 18.
The band say: “We re-evaluated, re-worked and re-energised the likes of The Eagle Has Landed and Crusader by introducing orchestral dynamics to offer added dimension.
“Frozen Rainbow, from our 1979 debut, gets a stunning acoustic reprisal which transports it into a power ballad to be proud of; while Red Star Falling soars and sweeps through emotions with its orchestrally-arranged dovetail.”
A digipak version of Unplugged And Strung Up will also include 2002 album Heavy Metal Thunder, which featured 13 re-recordings.
Saxon tour the UK in November with Motorhead:
Nov 13: UK Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
Nov 14: UK Newcastle City Hall
Nov 16: UK London O2 Academy Brixton
Nov 18: UK Northampton Roadmenders (without Motorhead)
Nov 19: UK Wolverhampton Civic Hall
Nov 20: UK Manchester O2 Apollo
Nov 22: UK Glasgow 02 Academy
Nov 23: UK Preston 53 Degrees (without Motorhead)
Nov 24: UK Buckley Tivoli (without Motorhead)
01. Stallions of the highway (Remix)
02. Crusader (Orchestral version)
03. Battle Cry
04. The Eagle Has Landed (orchestral version)
05. Red Star Falling (orchestral version)
06. Broken heroes (orchestral version)
07. Call To Arms (orchestral version)
08. Militia Guard
09. Forever Free (Re-recorded version)
10. Just Let Me Rock (Re-recorded version)
11. Frozen Rainbow (Acoustic version)
12. Iron wheels (live acoustic version)
13. Requiem (Acoustic version)
14. Coming home (acoustic version)