High Voltage: Meet New Device
As we count down towards High Voltage, the festival of the summer, so we’re taking the opportunity to introduce you to some of the younger bands on the bill. Ones you might not yet be too familiar with, but are definitely worth checking out at High Voltage. So, meet New Device, who play on the Metal Hammer Stage on July 24. Here are six things you should know about them.
- The Brit band started in 2007, and their line-up is Daniel Leigh (vocals), Gaz Bolan (guitar/vocals), Shane Lee (guitar/vocals), Adam Sextone (bass) and Rozzy Ison (drums).
- They say their influences are Skid Row, Metallica and Guns N’ Roses. So no chance of extended keyboard parpings then.
- They released debut album Takin’ Over last year on the Powerage label, to much acclaim.
- Among the bands they’ve supported so far are Bon Jovi, Europe, GUN and Heavens Basement.
- Apart from High Voltage, the band have a load of other gigs lined up:
July 30: St. Albans Horn
Aug. 5: Letchworth Garden City Arena Tavern
Aug. 12: London Canning Town Bridge House 2
Aug. 13: Ware Westmill Festival
Aug. 25: London Gaff
Sept. 14: London Camden Purple Turtle
Sept. 15: Portsmouth Edge Of The Wedge
Sept. 17: Newbury Avenue
Sept. 24: Plymouth Crash Manor
Oct. 8: Stamfod Voodoo Lounge
Oct. 10: London Underworld
- For all the info, go to www.myspace.com/newdevice . To entice you, the band are giving away an MP3 on this site. It’s a cover of Def Leppard’s Photograph.
- For all the High Voltage info, go to www.highvoltagefestival.co.uk
Tags: Adam Sextone, Bon Jovi, Daniel leigh, Def Leppard, Europe, Gaz Bolan, Gun, Guns N' Roses, Heaven's Basement, High Voltage Festival, Metal Hammer, Metallica, New Device, Rozzy Ison, Shane Lee, Skid Row