High Voltage Festival: Meet Touchstone
As we get closer to the High Voltage Festival, Classic Rock is gonna make sure you know all about everything to do with the event of the summer. One thing were planning are introductions to some of the lesser known bands on the bill, so let’s start with six things you should know about Londoners Touchstone, who open the Prog Stage on July 24.
- The band’s line-up is Kim ‘Elkie’ Seviour (vocals), Adam Hodgson (guitar), Rob Cottingham (keyboards/vocals), Paul ‘Moo’ Moorghen (bass/vocals) and Henry Rogers (drums).
- To date, they’ve released two studio albums – Discordant Dreams (2007) and Wintercoast (2009) – and one EP (Mad Hatters, 2006).
- On the day they play at the High Voltage Festival, Touchstone release the double album Live In The USA.
- The band will be playing a special acoustic set at The Borderline in London on Thursday, July 22, supporting the Down ‘N’ Outz. It’ll be only Kim and Adam, though.
- Kim’s record collection apparently contains some highly dubious albums. Mind you, she once appear in a production of Grease, so who’s surprised?
- All the info on the band is at www.touchstonemusic.co.uk
Find out more about the efstival at www.highvoltagefestival.co.uk