He’s Selling His Soul For Rock’N’Roll
Have you got a vacancy for a drummer in your band? You have?! Then fear not – pro tub-thumper John Freese is available to beat the skins for you – for a mere $75,000.
Freese – the drummer known for his work with Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle and Devo, among others – has lined up a bunch of ‘special offer incentives’ to coincide with the release of Since 1972, his new solo album.
According to a report on the MusicRadar website, Freese is also offering the following:
* For another $75,000 he will be your personal assistant.
* For $20,000 he will give you a signed drum set. Not only that, but Maynard from Tool, Mark from Devo and Freese will take you miniature golfing.
* For $10,000 he will take you and a guest to Disneyland, and at the end of the day you can drive off with his Volvo station wagon.
* For $5,000 Freese will write a song about you and make it available on iTunes. He’ll get drunk with you too!
* For $2,500 he will give you a private drum lesson and a signed snare drum. In addition, you can pick three items from his wardrobe.
* For $250 he will give you a T-shirt, a signed snare drum and a free lunch.
* For $7 he will give you a copy of Since 1972 and three videos. (Since 1972 is available as a physical release 14 April and a digital pre-release at joshfreese.com beginning 24 March.)
Apparently there are 11 different offers in total.
If nothing else, you’ve got to admire Freese’s ingenuity for trying to eke out some extra dosh in these recessionary times.
And the drummer’s novel approach has got us thinking…
If YOU had $75,000 to spend on hiring a rock star, WHO would you hire – and WHAT would you have him/her do for you?
Post your comments!