Fleetwood Mac confirm world tour
Back again: Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac have finally confirmed they’ll tour the world in 2013, staring with US dates in April.
The trek will be accompanied by a new album – but the band haven’t yet decided what they’ll play during the shows.
Singer Stevie Nicks tells Rolling Stone: “It’s the perfect time to go back out – 2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac.”
She adds: “We have two new songs that I cut with Lindsey Buckingham two weeks ago that we might play. We’re pretty proud of what we’ve done. We’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy, resentment and anger.”
Buckingham – who recently admitted he’d struggled in the past with balancing his Mac duties with his solo career – hopes the shows will consist of more material from the band’s Tusk era. But he admits he’ll have to discuss it with the rest of the band when they begin rehearsals in February.
“When you’ve gone through all your must-dos that’s 75% of your setlist,” he says. “I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalogue that are under-explored.
“I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and Stevie – this is just me talking from the top of my head.”
Nicks says Mac hope to perform at festivals across Europe during the summer. “Then we’ll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals,” she adds. “Then we might do 15 or so shows in Australia.”