Brian May: I’d Liked To Have Joined AC/DC
Can you imagine Queen’s Brian May playing guitar in AC/DC? We can’t… but Brian most certainly can. Come inside for the full story and our Top 10 Queen-AC/DC tracks – including Bohemian Crapsody In Blue.
In an interview with The Independent, May revealed a secret desire to play straight-forward boogie with the Aussie rockers.
He said: “I’d have probably liked to have been in AC/DC [if he hadn't been a member of Queen]. But I’m the wrong sort of size and shape, unfortunately.
“Because it’s different from Queen. Queen were very eclectic – that’s the word isn’t it? – and we just trampled over every boundary that there was. But AC/DC are, in a sense, the opposite.
“They know their style and it’s incredibly pure and I have a great respect for that. And every single note they play is AC/DC completely.”
Actually… you know what? It could’ve worked. Here’s our Queen-AC/DC Top 10 to prove it…
1. A Night At The Sydney Opera House
2. Fat Bottomed Girls Got Rhythm
3. Let Me Put My Crazy Little Thing Called Love Into You
4. Brian Shake (a reworking of Brain Shake from AC/DC’s Flick Of The Switch album)
5. Let There Be We Will Rock You
6. Back Chat In Black (after the track Back Chat on Queen’s Hot Space album)
7. Flick Of The Switch And/Or Wrist
8. Love Hungry Man On The Prowl
9. Tie Your Mother Down Payment Blues
10. Brighton Rock’N'Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution
Two more for good measure…
11. May I Sit Next To You Girl
12. Bohemian Crapsody In Blue