Aerosmith Announce Show At London’s 02 Arena
Aerosmith have revealed full details of their summer trek across Europe – which they are calling the Cocked, Looaded, Ready To Rock Tour.
As well as the band’s previously announced appearance at Download – now confirmed as Sunday, June 13 – they have added a show two days later at London’s O2 Arena. Tickets for the O2 gig go on sale March 5.
The complete tour itinerary is as follows:
* Sweden – Rock Festival – June 10th
* UK – Download Festival – June 13th
* UK – London 02 Arena – June 15th
* Romania – Bucharest – June 18th
* Greece – Athens Olympic Stadium – June 20th
* Holland – Nijmegen Goeffert Park – June 23rd
* Belgium – Graspop Festival – June 25th
* Spain – Barcelona St Jordi Arena – June 27th
* France – Paris Bercy Arena – June 29th
* Czech Republic – Prague 02 Arena – July 1st
* Italy – Venice Festival – July 3rd
In the official press release announcing the tour, the various Aerosmith members offer the following hyperbole:
Steven Tyler: “Back by popular demand with more spit and fire than ever before, we’re coming across the pond and parting the waters as we go.”
Joe Perry: “Aerosmith is going to be rocking in the UK and Europe this summer. Enough BS, we’re coming and everything is going to be set at 11.”
Joey Kramer: “Aerosmith is back! Bigger, better and stronger than ever! So look out Europe cos we’re comin’ to get cha.”
Brad Whitford: “I’m not sure who is happier, the band or the fans. Can’t wait to get started. Will see you this summer.”
No word from Tom Hamilton, however. But at the very least he’s gotta be “stoked”, surely?!